The collection of instruments
The Villa contains an important collection of keyboard instruments illustrating the history of the modern pianoforte, tracing the development of harpsichords, organs and fortepianos within the two major schools, Viennese and French. The collection is contained in the various halls.
The Zuccarelli hall
This is the heart of the Villa, a building that was constructed in 1643 for the Attendolo-Bolognini family and acquired in the mid-19th century by the Medici di Marignano. It is now owned by the Giulini family. The hall was painted in the late 18th century by Francesco Zuccarini, with scenes in tempera depicting Lombard landscapes. It has magnificent acoustics, ideal for music.
The Empire Hall
This interior features tempera paintings depicting the legend of Psyche, typical of the Empire period.
The Organ Hall
The comparison between organ and pianoforte is evident in the hall of the Venetian organ, an instrument built in the 18th century.
The Empire Hall |